For those looking for employment as a Police Officer, the The Hawthorne Police Department can provide a great career opportunity. The police profession offers good benefits, varied work assignments, and limitless opportunity. The police profession allows an individual to join a team where hard work has real results in the community. With a starting salary of $39,099, the Hawthorne Police Department Department can be the start of a great job.
General Qualifications for our Sworn Positions
- Must be a resident of New Jersey and a citizen of the United States
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Shall have graduated from high school or possess a General Equivalency Degree (GED)
- Must possess an Associates Degree or 60 college credits
- Ability to perform all the tasks and duties of a Police Officer
- Possess a valid New Jersey driver's license
- No criminal history and of good moral character
Please check back often to this site for updates on future application, testing, and hiring information.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Borough of Hawthorne is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the Civil Rights Act of 1964, all State and Federal regulations governing Affirmative Action and equal employment opportunity and provisions of the Federal Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA).