The Following are requirements under the UNIFORM CONSTRUCTION CODE N.J.A.C.5:23-2.18 INSPECTIONS
- FOOTINGS: The bottom of footing trenches before placement of footings.
- FOUNDATION: All walls up to grade level; plastered, water proofed, footing drains in place, prior to back fill.
- STRUCTURAL FRAMING: All structural framing and connections, prior to covering with finish or infill material; after rough Electrical and Plumbing inspections and approvals.
- INSULATION: After rough Electric, Plumbing and Framing inspections and approvals.
- FINISHES and FINALS: Installation of all finished materials, plumbing piping, trim and fixtures, electrical wiring, devices and fixtures, mechanical systems.
- CERTIFICATE of OCCUPANCY: N.J.A.C. 5:23-2.23 Issued after all final inspections and approvals from Building, Electric, Plumbing, and Fire Subcode Officials.
NOTICE of INSPECTIONS: N.J.A.C. 5:23-2.18 (c) The owner or other responsible person in charge of work shall notify the enforcing agency when the work is ready for any required inspections specified herein or required by the Construction Official or appropriate Subcode Official. This notice shall be given at least 24 hours prior to the time the inspection is desired. Inspections shall be performed within 3 business days of the time for which it was requested.
POSTING of PERMIT: N.J.A.C. 5:23 – 2.16 (h) A true copy of the Construction Permit shall be kept on the site of operations until work is complete and Certificate has been issued.
GENERAL NOTES :
- PERMIT PLACARD MUST BE VISIBLE AT ALL TIMES FROM THE STREET.
- A set of Building Department approved plans must be available on the site at all times.
- A Certificate of Occupancy is required before any new structure is occupied.
- Any permit issued shall become invalid if authorized work is not commenced within 12 months of issuance of this permit, or if the authorized work is suspended or abandoned for 6 months after the time of commencing the work.
MINIMUM OF 24 HOURS' NOTICE REQUIRED TO SCHEDULE ANY INSPECTION.