Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
With winter weather in the forecast, please follow the following rules to help yourself, your neighbors and the Borough manage the expected snow in order allow everyone to remain safe::
1) Follow all posted signage regarding on-street parking restrictions while roads are snow-covered, up and until the snow has been cleared from the roadway..
2) Even where there are no parking restrictions, help the DPW with plowing by getting cars off the street into your driveway. If your neighbor has no driveway, consider sharing yours during the storm.
3) When clearing snow from cars, sidewalks and driveways, do NOT place it in the roadway.
4) When clearing show from your driveway, place it to the RIGHT of your driveway apron (when facing out to the street) to minimize the amount of snow that gets plowed back into your driveway
5) Clear snow and ice from your sidewalks within eight hours of daylight following the end of the storm.
6) Assist then fire department by clearing snow from any fire hydrant in front of or near your home. The house they save may be your own!
7) Sign up for Nixle alerts by texting "Hawthwire" to 888777, or visiting nixle.com, to get the latest information from the Borough
8) Stay warm and safe!