Firearms Permit to Carry Applications
PERMIT TO CARRY APPLICATION
Obtain application from State Police website:
Complete the above fill-able form, print 3 originals, must be double sided and notarized, and submitted in person to the Hawthorne Police Department along with the following:
- Driver’s License and Birth Certificate OR Driver’s License and Passport OR Driver’s License and Naturalization Paperwork/Green Card.
- Four (4) color passport size photographs. (1.5” x 1.5”)
- Consent for Mental Health Search, form. https://nj.gov/njsp/firearms/pdf/sp-066.pdf
- Proof of ownership and qualification with the handgun(s) you intend on carrying. Qualification must be within 6 months of application and include the instructor’s name, certification number, make, model, caliber and serial number of the handgun(s) you intend on carrying.
- Money Order in the amount of $50.00 payable to; “Treasurer, State of New Jersey”
Fingerprinting – All applicants must be fingerprinted with each application for Permit to Carry, including renewals. Upon application you will be given a contributor’s case number by the HPD. Applicants can then visit www.IDENTOGO.com to schedule an appointment. When scheduling, you must provide Hawthorne’s ORI number, NJ0160400, the fingerprint service code, 2F164B, and the Contributors Case # assigned to you. Fingerprint results must be received within (90) days of application.
***Please do not show up at the Police Dept to drop off application without an appointment.
Please contact Gina Brown at (973)304-2056
or email Gbrown@hawthornepdnj.org to schedule.
* A NEW JERSEY PERMIT TO CARRY IS VALID FOR TWO (2) YEARS FROM TIME OF APPROVAL.