Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Borough of Hawthorne now accepts online payments for property taxes and water bills using credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express) or direct bank debit (from a checking or savings account).
The Borough now accepts payments by credit card both online and in the Tax Office, and by direct bank debit online only.
Tax bills are due on a quarterly basis and are mailed once a year during the summer.
Water Rent Billing Cycle: Quarterly and due 30 days from date of bill. Please specify your payment is for water.
Important State Phone Numbers
• Tax Hotline: 609-588-2200
• Automated Tax Information: 800-323-4400 or 609-588-2525
• Speaker Programs: 609-984-4101
• New Jersey Tax Fax: 609-588-4500
• Local Property Tax: 609-292-5033
• Public Utility Tax: 609-633-2576