The Borough offers this Community Information Service dedicated to helping you stay connected to the information that matters most to you.
The Borough will provide messages of a general interest to local residents relating to both emergent issues and community activities. Registrants can choose whether these messages go to a cell phone, to an email address, or both. In addition to these general notifications, residents can choose to receive targeted information by registering for one of our interest groups.
There are three different ways to register to receive Nixle notifications:
- To receive texts and/or emails, you may enter your contact information in the appropriate registration box on the right side of this page (or elsewhere on the Hawthorne website). Registration is separate for each of Hawthorne's four different groups.
- To receive text messages on your cell phone, send a text message consisting of the appropriate keyword for the group you wish to join to 888777. The keywords" for Hawthorne's five groups are as follows:
- HawthWire - for emergency notifications and general community messages
- HawthYouth - for messages related to youth programs
- HawthEvents - for messages related to Community Events
- HawthGovt - for messages relating to local government meetings, hearings and ordinances
- HawthPool - for messages related to the Hawthorne Pool
- Registering on the Nixle website and selecting the appropriate Hawthorne group(s).
To unsubscribe, log in to the Nixle website and choose "Settings." There you can adjust which messages you receive and on which device(s) you receive them. You also have the option to eliminate all SMS (text) messages under the Account tab.
Should you wish to completely unsubscribe, simply send an email to Nixle's support team stating your desire to do so. You will be encouraged to review your settings prior to discontinuing service. Even after unsubscribing, you can still view Nixle information in real-time by visiting the Nixle website.
For more information about this Nixle service, visit Nixle's FAQs page.