The Treasury is an internal accounting department that services all the departments of the Borough of Hawthorne. The Treasury is responsible for custody of all municipal funds and day to day financial management of the Municipal Budgets, Capital Ordinances and Trust Funds. Two of the principal functions of the Treasury are payroll and accounts payable.
Important State Phone Numbers
- Tax Hotline: 609-588-2200
- Automated Tax Information: 800-323-4400 or 609-588-2525
- Speaker Programs: 609-984-4101
- New Jersey Tax Fax: 609-588-4500
- Local Property Tax: 609-292-5033
- Public Utility Tax: 609-633-2576
A listing of all vendor checks approved for payment by the Borough Council at each meeting is available for review for that meeting.